Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Day I Said Thank You...and They Blessed My Socks Off (Friendships, Part 2)

"Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise..." (Proverbs 13:20).

"Two are better than one, for they have a good return for their labor: If either of them fall down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up" (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10).

I forever have precious memories tucked away in my heart. Memories of a cold, cold day last January.


Each of them, they mark different seasons of my life. They are the best parts of who I am. 


They have encouraged, prayed for, held, laughed with, and taught me. They have loved me so, so well. 


I decided that I needed to take some hours, to break bread with them and say, "Thank you!" for loving me so well.



It was my birthday, but they are the reason I am who I am. They deserve to be celebrated.
So celebrate we did! 

We laughed... 





We embraced...

We created "thank-you" notes for the people who have enriched our lives...


We made lovely smelling things...



I individually thanked each of them for who they are, for the ways in which they have blessed me...


We told stories...

 


They prayed over me...



And we enjoyed being together.



God has blessed me with some incredible friends, mentors, sisters, confidantes, and encouragers. My life would not be the same without them. Though I want my life to continually say "thank you," taking a day to intentionally and purposefully thank them was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Though my intention was to bless them, I think I walked away more encouraged and blessed myself.

Who has blessed you? And have you taken the time to say "thank you" for the many things those people have done for you?

**Photo credit goes to my talented friend Lauren**

No comments:

Post a Comment